Collection Of Good Essay Topics On Beowulf
Among the most studied works of literature from the past is Beowulf. When you are asked to write an essay about Beowulf, it would interest you to know that this type of essay is not only complex and epic in nature, it also has varying universal themes. Even though it is epic, it has continued and will always draw fresh and compelling attention from present day students and future students.
When writing an essay on Beowulf, it is not always easy coming up with narrowed down topics for your academic paper. This is especially because the issue of Beowulf is one that is very long and dense. To make things easier for you, here are some essay topics on Beowulf you should consider for your paper. They are as follows:
- How does Beowulf portray the themes of male dominance?
- Analyze the historical precedence of male patriarchy during the period Beowulf was written.
- Analyze the existence of female heroines as far as Beowulf is concerned.
- Describe the extent to which the warriors in Beowulf value ancestry.
- Make a comparison of the importance of ancestry as it relates to self worth in Beowulf.
- Analyze the importance attached to religion in Beowulf.
- In comparison to other literary works written at the same period as Beowulf, analyze the differences when it comes to religious values.
- Analyze the significance of the mead hall in Beowulf.
- In terms of moral and psychological complexity, which of the characters in Beowulf can be rated as the most-developed?
- Analyze the modern day equivalent of mead hall in any of the modern day hero stories.
- What does the Grendel’s claw in Beowulf symbolize?
- In what ways does Hrothgar’s sermon impact on the writer’s voice?
- Make a comparison of the Beowulf’s heroic code of comitatus to any of the modern day equivalents.
- Analyze the message that Hrothgar’s sermon passed to us that dialogue would not have done.
These are some of the topics that would make good titles for an essay on Beowulf. If you even dig deeper, you can also find more interesting topics and ideas, whether you are to write a Beowulf character analysis essay or any other type of essay. Just like any other writing project, it is important that you understand the requirements of your essay before you sit down to research and write. In a situation where you are not sure of the requirements, take your time to ask as much questions as possible. The more clarification you seek, the better your finished academic paper will be. You should also ensure that the topic you settle for is the one you find very interesting as regards Beowulf.